We have been asking our members from across the industries the reasons why they became a CPD provider. This CPD Member case study was provided by Male Childcare & Teaching Jobs. For more information, please visit their CPD Member Directory page.
Please provide us with a brief overview of your organisation. What do you do?
Our organization is dedicated to enhancing gender diversity in the education sector. Our core objectives are
- Encouraging More Men into Education: We are committed to inspiring and facilitating more men to enter the education industry. Through outreach programmes, workshops, and advocacy, we aim to increase the presence of male educators across all levels of education.
- Supporting and Celebrating Current Male Educators: We recognise and support the valuable contributions of men currently in the education field. Our initiatives include mentorship programmes, professional development opportunities, and recognition platforms to celebrate their achievements
- Connecting Educators with Inclusive Employers: We serve as a vital link between male educators and employers seeking to diversify their teaching workforce
Our services help educational institutions implement inclusive policies and practices, ensuring a supportive environment for educators of all genders. Our mission is to create a more balanced and inclusive educational landscape, where gender diversity is not only embraced but actively encouraged.
Why did you become a CPD provider?
Becoming a CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Provider aligns directly with our organization's objectives and enhances our ability to make a meaningful impact in the education sector. Here are the key reasons for this decision:
- Enhancing Professional Skills: As a CPD provider, we can offer structured and accredited training that is essential for the professional development of educators. This aligns with our goal to support current men in the industry by providing them with opportunities to develop and refine their skills, keeping them updated with the latest educational practices and methodologies
- Encouraging Men into Education: CPD courses can serve as a valuable tool for attracting more men into the education industry. By offering high-quality, relevant training, we make the transition into educational roles more accessible and appealing. These courses can be especially beneficial for those considering a career change, providing them with the confidence and competence needed to thrive in educational settings.
- Promoting Gender Inclusivity: Our CPD courses include specialised content on gender diversity and inclusivity in educational environments. This is crucial for helping educators and employers understand and implement strategies that create more gender-inclusive schools and nurseries. By educating and influencing current and future educators, we help shape a more inclusive industry.
- Strengthening Connections with Employers: Being a CPD provider allows us to directly engage with educational institutions looking to diversify their teaching workforce. We provide them with resources and training to help create inclusive environments, making them more attractive workplaces for male educators.
- Establishing Credibility and Trust: Offering CPD-certified courses positions our organization as a credible and authoritative entity in the field of education. This helps in building trust with both educators and employers, enhancing our ability to connect them effectively.
In summary, being a CPD provider empowers us to more effectively meet our objectives of encouraging more men into education, supporting those already in the field, and connecting them with gender-inclusive employers. Through our CPD offerings, we are able to provide tangible value, resources, and support to both educators and educational institutions.
How did you implement CPD accreditation in your organisation?
We implemented CPD accreditation in our organization by developing a comprehensive e-learning platform. This platform is designed to offer high-quality, accredited professional development courses to both educators and employers. It's an integral part of our membership offerings, providing valuable resources for enhancing skills and knowledge in gender diversity and inclusion within the education sector.
How has CPD helped your organisation achieve its learning objectives?
CPD accreditation has significantly aided our organization in achieving its learning objectives in several key ways:
- Enhanced Quality of Training: CPD accreditation ensures that our training courses meet high standards of quality and relevance. This has enabled us to provide educators and employers with the most effective and up-to-date learning resources, specifically tailored to enhance gender diversity and inclusion in education.
- Increased Credibility: The CPD accreditation of our courses has bolstered our credibility within the education sector. This recognition helps in building trust with our members and reinforces the value of our offerings.
- Wider Engagement: With CPD-accredited courses, we have seen increased engagement from educators and employers. The accreditation signifies a commitment to professional development, encouraging more individuals and organizations to participate in our programs.
- Consistent Learning Outcomes: The structured nature of CPD courses ensures consistent learning outcomes. This has been instrumental in uniformly advancing the skills and knowledge of our members across the board, aligning closely with our objective to support and uplift educators in the field.
- Continuous Improvement: CPD accreditation requires ongoing evaluation and improvement of our courses. This process of continuous enhancement aligns with our commitment to staying current and responsive to the evolving needs of the education sector.
In summary, CPD accreditation has been a pivotal factor in enhancing the quality, credibility, and effectiveness of our educational offerings, thereby significantly contributing to the achievement of our learning objectives.
We hope this brief CPD Member Case Study was both interesting and helpful. Please go to the Male Childcare & Teaching Jobs CPD Member profile page for more on their available CPD. Alternatively, please visit the CPD Industry Hubs to find courses, events and articles relevant to your Continuing Professional Development requirements.
CPD accreditation for training and events
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the world's leading and largest Continuing Professional Development accreditation organisation working across all sectors. If you are a training provider or educational events organisers, your learning activities may be suitable for CPD accreditation. Please visit our become a CPD provider page or contact our team to discuss your training and events in more detail.